- LDAF Boards and Commissions
- Agricultural & Environmental Sciences
- Commodity Promotion and Research
- Animal Health
- Agro-Consumer Services
- Industrial Hemp
- Medical Marijuana
- Indian Creek Recreation Area
- Quick Guide
- Pay Online
Search Our Site...Subscribe
Packaged commodities of every kind offered or exposed for sale or in the process of delivery are inspected in retail and wholesale establishments throughout Louisiana by Weights & Measures inspectors in order to determine whether they contain the amounts represented and whether they are offered for sale in accordance with Weights & Measures Law. See LRS 3:4607 C. and LRS 3:4613.
Packaged commodities must be labeled with the following:
- Identity – The name of the product
- Responsibility – Name and address or website of the manufacturer or packer
- Quantity – Net contents of the product
If the item is sold using an automated price lookup system, the accurate price must also be correctly posted.
There is no charge for package inspections.