- Agricultural Chemistry Programs
- Horticulture Programs
- Pesticide & Environmental Programs
- Seed Programs
- Animal Health
- Indian Creek Recreation Area
- Quick Guide
- Pay Online
Search Our Site...Subscribe
The Seed Programs Division is charged with ensuring that seed sold for planting purposes meets seed label guarantees and quality standards. In doing so, it prevents Louisiana from becoming a dumping ground for low quality planting seed and ensures that a mechanism is in place to provide a reliable source of high quality seed from superior new crop varieties for Louisiana producers.
The responsibilities of the Seed Programs Division are (1) Enforcement of Seed Laws and Regulations; (2) Management of the Seed Certification Program; and (3) Operation of the Official State Seed Testing Laboratory.
- Seed Regulatory and Testing
- Seed Certification
- Agricultural & Environmental Sciences District Office Map
Seed Programs Online Payment Services
The following information is required to submit payment for seed licenses, quarterly seed inspection fees, and seed programs invoice:
- Established Username and Password, or
- Register using the USAPlants ID and Pin # located on the corresponding form
- Valid email address
- Bank or Credit Card information
A state charge of $3.00 for electronic commerce will be added to your invoice in accordance with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:316.1
For Seed Program registering or payment assistance, contact 225-925-4733.
Seed Program Related Sites
- Association of American Seed Control Officials
- Association of Official Seed Analysts Inc. (AOSA)
- Association of Seed Certifying Agencies (AOSCA)
- International Seed Testing Association (ISTA)
- LSU AgCenter
- USDA Plant Variety Protection Office
- USDA Seed Regulatory and Testing Branch
- Colorado Seed Testing Lab
Louisiana Agricultural Chemistry and Seed Commission Meeting Minutes
Seed Commission meeting minutes and agenda may now be found at the Division of Administration’s website HERE.