- Agricultural Chemistry Programs
- Horticulture Programs
- Pesticide & Environmental Programs
- Seed Programs
- Animal Health
- Indian Creek Recreation Area
- Quick Guide
- Pay Online
Search Our Site...Subscribe
Pesticide Licensing and Certification
Pesticide Licensing: Ground, Aerial, RUP Dealers, Consultants
Your business must be licensed if you intend on applying any pesticide (including general use pesticides) for hire, selling any federally restricted use pesticide or state restricted use pesticides, or making pesticide recommendations for a fee.
Also, the business must employ at least one certified Commercial Pesticide Applicator, RUP Salesperson, or Agricultural Consultant, respectively.
Additionally, all licensed companies must pay the appropriate annual fees (Pesticide Fee Schedule), and Owner Operator Licensed companies must maintain and provide evidence of financial surety (Rules and Regulations Section133) and register their mechanized pesticide application equipment.
Types of Pesticide Licenses
- Ground Owner Operator License – Commercial Pesticide Application companies engaged in the business of applying any pesticide by ground.
- Aerial Owner Operator – Phenoxy License – Commercial Pesticide Application companies engaged in the business of applying phenoxy pesticides by aircraft.
- Aerial Owner Operator – Non-Phenoxy License – Commercial Pesticide Application companies engaged in the business of applying non-phenoxy pesticides by aircraft.
- RUP Dealer License – Companies engaged in the business of selling restricted use pesticides or state restricted use pesticides.
- Agricultural Consultant License – Companies engaged in the business of making pesticide recommendations for a fee. Agricultural Consultant recommendations must be made in specific format (Pesticide Law RS 3:3201-3389 Section 3246.
Pesticide Fee Schedule
Pesticide/Pharmaceutical Product Registration (Annual) – $400.00
Special Local Need Registration – $100.00
Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certification Examination Fee (Private Applicator exempt)
- In Baton Rouge – $25.00
- At District Offices – $50.00
Aerial/Ground Pesticide Owner-Operator License Fees (Annual)
- Resident License Fee – $200.00 (“Resident” means any person who has been domiciled in Louisiana for a period of at least ninety days immediately preceding the date of application for the license and who has not claimed residence in any other state for any other purpose.)
- Nonresident License Fee – $500.00 (“Nonresident” means any person who does not qualify as a “Resident” above.)
Pesticide Applicator Certification Card Fees
- Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certification (Annual) – $20.00
- Government Employee Pesticide Applicator Certification (Annual) – $25.00 (Government Pesticide Applicators are employees of local, state, and federal governments who apply pesticides in the course of their public employment.)
- Private Pesticide Applicator Certification (Three Year) – $25.00
Mechanically Powered Spray Equipment Decal (Annual) – $50.00
Registration of Ag. Consultant Field Scout (Annual) – $10.00
Duplicate Licenses and/or Certification Cards – Same as Original
Requested Lists and Copies
- Postage + minimum of $1 or Postage + $0.25 /page