- Agricultural Chemistry Programs
- Horticulture Programs
- Pesticide & Environmental Programs
- Seed Programs
- Animal Health
- Indian Creek Recreation Area
- Quick Guide
- Pay Online
Search Our Site...Subscribe
Information & Education
The Information & Education Programs are concerned with increasing public awareness of the value and management of Louisiana’s natural resources and the need for improved forest management and protection from insects, diseases and fire.
Program emphasis is placed on:
- Educating landowners about profitable timber management activities and available departmental assistance;
- Promoting good stewardship of both urban and rural forest resources for soil, water, air, wildlife, and aesthetic benefits;
- supporting efforts to attract new wood-based industries and expand product manufacturing diversity within the state; and
- Educating classroom teachers and other educators about Louisiana’s forest resources to increase their awareness and knowledge of the forest environment through conservation education programs.