- Agricultural Chemistry Programs
- Horticulture Programs
- Pesticide & Environmental Programs
- Seed Programs
- Animal Health
- Indian Creek Recreation Area
- Quick Guide
- Pay Online
Search Our Site...Subscribe
Horticulture and Quarantine Programs Division
The Horticulture and Quarantine Programs Division inspects, surveys and provides for the prevention, control and eradication of regulated and exotic crop pests or diseases endangering Louisiana’s agricultural, horticultural, and apiary industries; ensures that products certified for export are in fact free from pests; and oversees the qualifications and practices of persons engaged in the green industry.
This is accomplished through implementation and enforcement of the Horticulture Law, Boll Weevil Eradication Law, Crop Pests and Diseases Law, Sweet Potato Dealers Law, Sweet Potato Pests and Diseases Law and Apiary Law. Additionally, the Division works cooperatively with USDA-APHIS in its various plant pest survey, certification, export and quarantine programs.
- USDA-APHIS-PPQ Plant Pest Permits
List of permits for importing or moving plants (all plants, including plants for experimental purposes, protected plants, noxious weeds and plant products), plant pests, soil, wood products & the permit for post-entry quarantine of imported plant materials.
- USDA-APHIS-PPQ Imports and Exports
(Includes information on federal phytosanitary certification of exports)
- USDA-APHIS-PPQ Pests and Diseases
(Basic federal plant pest and disease information)
- USDA-APHIS-PPQ Center for Plant Health Science and Technology (CPHST) Exotic Plant Pest Information Portal
- USDA-APHIS-BRS Federal Transgenic Plant Information & ‘Biotechnology’
(This is the Biotechnology Regulatory Services homepage)
- Federal Plant Pest Regulations – USDA-APHIS
(List of the 7 CFR 300 Series Rules and Regulations on Plant Protection. Most Plant Quarantine regulations are found under ‘Foreign Quarantine Notices’, Section 319 or Domestic Quarantine Notices, Section 301).
- Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission
- National Plant Board (NPB)
(Summaries of state plant pest regulations)
- LSU Ag Center
- Louisiana Nursery and Landscape Association (LNLA)
- Council of Landscape Architect Registration Boards (CLARB)
- American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA)
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA)
- Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey
- Systems Approach to Nursery Certification