- Agricultural Chemistry Programs
- Horticulture Programs
- Pesticide & Environmental Programs
- Seed Programs
- Animal Health
- Indian Creek Recreation Area
- Quick Guide
- Pay Online
Search Our Site...Subscribe
Indian Creek Recreation Area
Indian Creek Recreation Area
Indian Creek Recreation Area
100 Camp Ground Road
Woodworth, LA 71485
Office hours- 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday
1 – 5 p.m. Sundays
Gate entry may be used after hours by credit/debit card only or by passcode provided by the office.
Within the Alexander State Forest lies the Indian Creek Recreation Area located between I-49 and US Hwy 165 in central Rapides Parish. This sprawling area encompasses 100 acres of developed recreation facilities, 250 acres of primitive camping area, and the 2,250 acre Indian Creek Lake. The recreation area contains over 100 campsites with water and electricity. Other amenities include 3 beach areas, 5 bathrooms across the main park, laundry facilities, playground equipment, handicap parking, boat launch, wi-fi (in RV area) and a covered pavilion for rental. There are trails available for scouting out the various plant and tree species and abundant wildlife. This area is also home to the red-cockaded woodpecker. Trees marked with white paint indicate the homes of the endangered woodpecker.
Day Pass- $7.00 per vehicle
A day pass is necessary if you wish to do any of the following:
- Launch a boat or fish from the banks of the lake
- Visit RV campsites or primitive areas
- Scenic ventures, picnics or natural trail hiking and/or biking uses
Veterans, with proof of ID, will receive 50% off day-use fees.
Disabled Veterans. A special veteran entrance permit allows any disabled Louisiana resident who is a veteran of the armed forces of the United States exemption from the day-use entrance fee. Applications for a veteran permit may be made to the Louisiana Department of Veterans’ Affairs service office serving the parish in which the applicant resides. Proper picture identification is required.
We will require all guests to make a reservation either through our online reservation system (24 hours) or our office during business hours (7 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 1 – 5 p.m. Sunday). There are picnic tables, fire rings and barbecue pits throughout this area. Most areas have concrete pad sites.
Peak Season Rates (March – October)
|Regular Campsite||$22 per day|
|Regular Waterfront Campsite||$28 per day|
|Pull-Through Non-Waterfront Single||$22 per day|
|Pull-Through Non-Waterfront Double||$42 per day|
|Pull-Through Waterfront Single||$28 per day|
|Ultra Pull-Through Waterfront Double||$54 per day|
Winter Rates (November – February)
|Ultra Pull-Through||$42 per day|
|Premium Campsite||$22 per day||$375 monthly|
|Standard Campsite||$18 per day||$270 monthly|
RV area notices:
- Campsites must be kept clean and orderly. Please no littering – including cigarette butts. Dumpsters are centrally located on Azalea Trail. No metal detectors.
- A maximum stay of 14 consecutive days is allowable, long-term stay is not permitted.
- Sewerage and water from RV or camper shall be disposed of at one of the 2 dump stations available. No other waste shall be disposed of in dump station.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. until 7 a.m.
- All local and state laws shall be abided by at all times.
- Pet waste shall be picked up by owner. Keep pets on leash to ensure the safety of pets and visitors.
- Please be aware that you are in a forest. There is the potential to run across poisonous snakes, alligators, raccoons, black bears, snapping turtles and other animals that could potentially harm you if they feel threatened. Use caution!
- No chainsaws are allowed and no pallets may be burned. Firewood can be easily found throughout the site.
- No fireworks allowed on the premises.
- Registered occupants are responsible for all visitors at their site.
Pavilions may be reserved and it is recommended that pavilion reservations be made far in advance. The pavilion overlooks the lake and has a spacious grassy area for activities. There are numerous picnic tables available for use, a covered area for the use of our large barbecue pit, and also has a fire ring. This pavilion also has restroom facilities.
Large Pavilion rental fee is $100 per day plus a $50 refundable cleaning deposit (refunded if area is picked up after use).
Our small pavilion is tucked away in an area that offers both privacy and some of the most beautiful lake views. The rental fee is $30 per day plus a $15 refundable cleaning deposit (refunded if area is picked up after use). All visitors at Indian Creek are required to pay the $7 per vehicle entrance fee. The covered pavilion area shelters a large picnic table and is 12′ x 20′. The area has 2 picnic tables, 2 barbecue pits, and 2 fire rings. There are no restroom facilities, but the nearby bath house is within walking distance and is handicap accessible.
*Pavilion rentals do NOT include day-use fees (all cars must pay the day-use fee)
Pavilion reservations may only be made by contacting the Indian Creek office at 318-487-5058. Office hours: 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-Saturday; 1 – 5 p.m. Sundays.
Primitive Camping Area-
This area is designed primarily for tent camping, but towed campers are permitted to use this area as well. The rental fee is $14 per tent per night. Reservations are not accepted in the primitive camping area; it is available on a first come first served basis. There are two sets of latrines located in the primitive area (guests are welcome to use the showers at either bath house located inside the park). Several fire rings are located throughout this area. There is no electricity or water in the primitive area, except for water stations at the latrines. Rally camping (group camping) is also available; a fee of $50 per night is assessed to the group for the exclusive use of an area. Rally camping is available for tent camping in the primitive area of the campsite only.
*Rates effective March 1, 2016.